I tried changing port number from 8080 to 80 in the server.xls file connect string with no luck.
How can I make this change?
This is a Windows 2012 Server.
Thanks,Darin
Hey Darin,
Please check this page that explains how to properly change your JIRA TCP port.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
Hi Darin,
Check if there's another service running on this port. If so, this might be the reason for you cannot change the port. In case you still face issues, please paste your server.xml here.
Also don't forget to check if there's some firewall or antivirus blocking the communication
Regards,
Renato Rudnicki
Darin,
As mentioned by Arthur, to change the PORT JIRA listens to, just follow Changing JIRA's TCP Ports. However, please note that, in Linux, all ports below 1024 are privileged ports, and therefore only the root/super users can run services on these ports.
I have found a couple of articles discussing the best way to achieve this when running a service through a non-super user which may help you in this case:
Furthermore, you can achieve this either by using a proxy, to redirect incoming traffic to 80 to the JIRA port (8080 by default). Alternatively, you can also run JIRA as root, but that is not recommended in general (the fewer programs you run as root the better).
I hope this helps!
Cheers,Matheus
Thanks Arthur,
that was the page I followed when trying to do it.
I edited the server.xml file and modified the Connector port="8080" to
Connector
port
=
"8080
read Connector port="80" and saved the file.
"80" and saved the file.
I then restarted JIRA and could not connect.
Thanks,
Darin
In addition, there's this documentation which describes how to run Confluence on port 80. This can also used to JIRA. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Configure+Confluence+to+Run+on+Port+80+Without+Apache+on+Linux Regards, Renato Rudniki
Hi All,
I have upgraded confluence to 6.1.2. it was successfull and we donot have any issue on any features but we are getting a pop-up every time we click on anything saying "can't check your base URL".
Could someone help me on that. I have checked proxy and its all fine.
Please help me asap.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.