Hi All,
I' m after some advice on the best way to setup reporting for a mix of data from Tempo and Jira.
What we want to do is set a date range (usually Quarterly) and quickly extract some simple reports that show Time Logged:
- By JIRA Project
Project Name | Sum of Time Spent | Sum of Estimate Hours | Calculate Variance +/-
- By Tempo Account
Account Name | Sum of Time Spent | Sum of Estimate Hours | Calculate Variance +/-
- By Issue Type
Issue Type | Sum of Time Spent
- By User
User Name | Hours Logged | Hours Available | % Utilisation
This one gets tricky because the hours available doesn't come from JIRA/TEMPO - it comes from an External HR System
What I also need to do is cut the different reports by JIRA Project Categories (which are linked/grouped to different company departments).
On the surface this doesn't sound like it should be too difficult but i'm struggling 
If I use the JIRA Search/JQL and export the data I only get the roll-up of Time Logged per issue, I don't get a breakdown if multiple users have contributed time to an issue (and the date range filter is by Issue Date not by WorkLog date).
If I use the Tempo GetWorkLog API to dump the XML Data into Excel I miss the JIRA Project Name, JIRA Project Category and a few other fields.
The Tempo Widgets are great for visualisations, but don't let you select date ranges.
The Tempo Timesheets Report seems to lack alot of the information i'm after as well.
Are there any suggestions on the best way to do (and automate) this - I don't want to have to get involved every quarter with each different department 
Even if I can get the data in a simple format into Excel I could build some Pivot Tables to generate the reports?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Chris