This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Template
Why are variables "currentDate" and "currentUser" working only in the template "Meeting notes"? When I create my own templates it doesn't work!
Hi Anastasia, those variables are part of the meeting notes blueprint, and are unfortunately not available in an ordinary template. You can comment or watch the suggestion here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30567.
You can add your own variables to a template, but they do not automatically populate with information from Confluence, but instead provide a popup for the user creating the page to fill in.
There is an option for "Title of page to be created" macro and you can use @currentDate. This will populate the page with custom title and current date.
Can you explain, where to find this option and how to use? I seem not to be able to use it, when I create a new template.
Thanks
Title of page to be created
Is in the Create From Template edit screen. It does not show up on the template.
The basic flow is
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.