I have an issue, which I'm rewriting. I have attached files, but they are no longer valid. Why is it necessary to have administrator privilege to remove attachments from issues I created?
Thanks
The permission scheme is flexible. There are three levels relevant to Attachments –
I would assume based on your question that your project is not taking advantage of Delete own attachments and that Delete attachments is only given to the Administrator Role.
Thanks. I will let my admin know.
Do I have to ask the Admin of the individual project or admin of JIRA?
That depends on the config I'm afraid.
The trick here is that a "permission scheme" is a set of rules that say "people matching rule A, can do B in this project". So, you need to look at that to find out what the rule is for "Can delete attachments".That rule could say "groups A, B or F", and/or "current assignee of the issue", and/or "reporter" and so-on and so-on. So, there's four broad things you might do:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.