When exporting a list of issues to excel can I get all of the comments for an issue to be exported with the chosen columns?
Currently there seem to be three ways to do this -
We recently updated our Last Comment Custom Field to be compatible with JIRA 5 versions. We're working on the v6 update - reportedly it's done but not ready to release - I'm not sure what that means, but hopefully that it'll ship soon.
-wc
It can't be done to excel, but you can get it via RSS feeds, or a Word export. Probably not what you want, but unfortunately thats all that is here. Here is the revelant documentation, which includs the line that excel does not take the comments.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/egISCw
A kind of workaround to atleast export the last comment to Excel would be to use the Last Comment Custom Field and add it to your column order for the filter.
https://plugins.atlassian.com/15064
I also have this need. Has there been any changes to Jira since April that would now allow for this?
I understand why comments would not be a defaulted export field, but I'm confused on why its not available for a customized export.
I suspect the comments aren't stored in one field in the database like other fields, but a linked series of fields. That would make exporting them problamatic. they would have to combine all the linked fields together internally, then export the new value. I doubt they will be changing this any time soon.
you can vote for the feature in this link (to provide the last comment to be listed in the exported spreadsheet):
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2734
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.