I have been researching a solution that would allow me to search for issues starting with (Sales). I have tried the following with no luck.
- summary ~ "\\(Sales\\)"
- Returns every issue with the word Sales in the summary. This is what I believe should be the answer.
- Summary ~ "\\(Sales\\)*"
- Asterisk after ). This returns nothing.
Both
- summary is "\\(Sales\\)*"
- summary is "\\(Sales\\)"
- Operator 'is' does not support searching for non-empty values for field 'summary'.
I have tried a bunch of other combinations with no luck. It either shows nothing or shows every issue where summary contains the word Sales. It appears to be completly ignoring the escaped parenthesis..
I found an issue that appears related to this but it shows as fixed
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25092
We are running JIRA v6.3.8
I appreciate any support with this issue. Thanks!
Update:
To add to the confusion the Summary ~ operation is returning user stories with the word Sale even though I am searching for
summary ~ "\\(Sales\\)"
I appreciate any response to this question. My inability to solve this is preventing us from moving off of google docs to manage our product backlog across the company.