I have two tables within a Confluence page, and I now want to move one of them so it comes before the other. How do I move a table without rebuilding it from scratch?
Position you cursor before the first table. Then hit shift + down until you select the whole table. Then ctrl+x or command+x to cut the table. Then just paste it where you want it.
I wasn't having much luck selecting with mouse, but as you described, if you're careful to ensure you select the entire table, cut and paste does work. It's too bad you can't just drag them around like you do with macros.
It's totally goofy that mouse select STILL doesn't work for this but this workaround saved me, thanks!
Anyone has the ticket number for this bug, so I can upvote it?
I cannot believe I spent so long trying to do that, and it was that simple. Thank you!How do they do not allow mouse select, or have a proper button for it still amazes me.
I used Bill's method to move a complete table using the mouse and Cut and Paste.
I've had difficulty creating a new table using rows cut from another table but found a workaround. I was doing this to a group of pages after I 'discovered' the Page Properties macro. The Paste Rows Above tool relies on the insertion point being inside a table so the trick here is to insert a blank single-row table with the right number of columns, paste rows above the blank row and then delete the blank row.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.