When updating annual calendar for On-call services. Everyone is receiving emails notification's, Is there a way turn off notifications on a calendar until the annual calendar is updated?
I do not know of any way for you to modify these calendars without sending notification after notification. I don't think it exists.
I may have a solution.
We're going to turn off mail and make all the changes, then clear the mail queue.
Team Calendars uses Confluence's email module to send mail. Confluence sends mail like so: Each notification generates an email and places it in the Mail Queue. There is a scheduled job, defaulted to once per minute, that attempts to send all messages. When there is no mailbox connected, they simply stack in the queue.
The key point here is that Confluence will CLEAR the email queue when you restart the application. Confluence does NOT cache the mail queue when you shut the application off and turn it back on. We are going to leverage this for our own use, if this is possible for you.
Victory
There you go! All your edits with no notifications!
Hey Veda,
As Steven mentioned, there's no option to do that besides the workaround he mentioned.
I've just created an improvement request for this feature, though: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-2860
Hope it helps!
Eduardo
This is a valid improvement request, thanks for creating it Eduardo! I just voted for /watching it.
Set view restriction would also work.
Please explain how to do that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.