We are attempting to change user permissions limiting those that can open and update tickets.
Please assist, thanks
No problem, define a group that should be able to create and edit issues, then set just that group for the project create and edit capabilities. See here for more information;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-project-permissions-185729636.html
Tom - I need to stop a certain defined group of users from creating issues in various projects, but I still need them to be able to comment on existing issues in those projects. Doable?
Don't give them "create issue" in the projects, but still let them have "comment"
It's all in the permission schemes, as Tom's link says.
Thanks for the quick reply Nick! Let me see if I'm understanding correctly. It looks like I could create a new permission scheme and exclude this group from the "Create Issue" permission setting. Accurate?
The challenge I see is this seems to be based on inclusion rather than exclusion. In other words, I'd have to list every single group that does need to be able to create issues (about 30) and exclude the one group that doesn't. Furthermore, as we add new people and groups to JIRA, I'd have to remember to come back and add those groups to this one specific permission scheme. Does all of that check out with you?
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 12.02.56 PM.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.