We migrated from JIRA OnDemand to a local instance. We did a full import of the OnDemand system and then added matching LDAP accounts for each of the internal users that was imported. After synchronizing and disabling the Internal Jira account DB we are finding that multiple Issues are assigned to invalid usernames, and they appear with #1 at the end.
Mitigating factors: The OD export was a slightly newer version of Jira, but it did import into a new,empty, instance of Jira locally without errors. Also, a couple of accounts were found to have the same UID in LDAP but were corrected. Jira has been restarted and resynchronized multiple times.
For example an issue in OnDemand had:
Assigned To: George Lee
Reported By: George Lee
Now in our local instance it is:
Assigned To: George Lee
Reported By: glee#1
I can manually fix this but there are a large number of issues to correct.
Where is the mapping in the DB between the issue Assignee and Reporter? If I knew how that worked I might be able to fix it directly in the DB.