Hi,
I'm looking for a way to hide a default field (components/ affects versions) so it will not appear in the view screen. The view screen displays all the default fields by default, changes to the screen configuration only affect the custom fields display. From the documentation:
"The 'View Issue' operation only allows you to control the layout of custom fields in the middle of the 'View Issue' page. The 'View Issue' page ignores all the non-custom fields on the Screen."
I know I can hide the field completely but I want this field to appear in one project and not in another. If I hide it, it will not appear in any project. I realize I can create my own custom field to replace the default one and use it in the project I need, but this seems an awkward workaround.
Is there a better way to achieve this?
Thanks,
Alon