Does JQL such as "text ~ foo" really search all custom fields of type Text?
I thought it only searched Summary, Description and Comments but https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-Text suggests it searches the custom fields too. That might explain why some searches are so slow when I'm in a JIRA with 1000 text fields!
Has anyone else had problems with slow queries when using "text ~"?
text does search custom fields. It will also search third party custom fields with appropriately configured searchers as well I believe.
Hmm. That could well be slow for large instances!
It is intended as an extremely broad search, if you know exactly what fields you are looking in, then you can expect much better performance.
I've updated the docs at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-textPerformingTextSearches with that good advice
If you have performance issues, you could think about reducing you custom fields.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.