Within a page and you have a "link" to another page I would like this page to open a new window/tab each time. I understand you can right click on the link and "open in ew tab" option but most people just click on the link and it uses the same page hence to view the instructions/content you have to back space each time. I would like an link to open a new page automatically. I belioeve this may not be good practise for certain reason so can you advise if it is good practise and how it can be done thanks..
check the following doc
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Force+Links+to+Open+in+a+New+Window
thanks for this..
Is there a way I can do it for a certain space key only rather than whole look and feel..can I amend the html code for just a certain space please..thanks
tried to edit the target space details and chose space admin. I do not see anyway of choosing "custom html" within this space only under the Look and Feel
it will be on Administration >> Custom HTML not on the target space details.
if you don't have administration permission then ask your confluence administartor to add the script
you can try like this
<script> jQuery(document).ready(function() { if(AJS.$('#confluence-space-key').attr('content') == 'TO'){ AJS.$(".wiki-content a").attr("target", "_blank"); } }); </script>
if my answers helped then don't forgot to accept as answer:)
thank you this was the resolution and if statement for a space key..
One slight edit that would future proof this a little would be to use the AJS.Meta.get method to get the space key.
<script> jQuery(document).ready(function() { if(AJS.Meta.get("space-key") == 'TO'){ AJS.$(".wiki-content a").attr("target", "_blank"); } }); </script>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.