I see the error message described in the subject, and shown here, with a configuration which is Bitbucket behind a reverse proxy.
Selection_018.png
Please note this article does not resolve my question.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/you-are-accessing-bitbucket-from-a-url-that-does-not-match-the-configured-base-url-833941720.html
My configuration is as described for #2, a similar configuration works without errors for my JIRA and Confluence instances.
The only thing I would note with regards to my installation is the file $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/server.xml does not exist for my default intallation - instead I seem to have $BITBUCKET_HOME/4.8.3/conf/.default-server.xml
$BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/server.xml
$BITBUCKET_HOME/4.8.3/conf/.default-server.xml
Thanks!
Richard
I had the same problem and discovered what was wrong after some hours ...
BITBUCKET_HOME is the data directory (with "plugins", "caches", ...) not the installation directory (with "webapps", "work", ...)
BITBUCKET_HOME
The default value of BITBUCKET_HOME on linux seems to be "/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket".
I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to answer your question, but I just wanted to point out you didn't actually ask one. It would be good to explicitly define the problem you're having that that document didn't solve so others have enough context to help you out.
Also if you need more hands-on help and you don't find an answer here or in our docs, don't hesitate to open a support ticket at support.atlassian.com
Cheers,
Adam
Hi,
They seem to recommend this in server.xml:
redirectPort="443" compression="on" compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,application/json,application/javascript,application/x-javascript" secure="true" scheme="https" proxyName="bitbucket.company.com" proxyPort="443" />
however, when using a mod-proxy every other tomcat/Atlassian application recommends to turn http compression off. Not sure if the manual on this topic is actually correct, you might want to try
compression="off"
The experts are arguing over it here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2767211/can-you-use-gzip-over-ssl-and-connection-keep-alive-headers
That did not fix the problem, but thanks for your suggestion.
-Richard
Ah good point. I fixed that. Thanks.
I am having the exact same issue. I was able to resolve this issue in confluence and jira, but I have spent a couple hours trying different configurations in Apache and bitbucket and nothing seems to work, i tried service-restarting even rebooting, nothing.
I click on the bitbucket logo and it is still taking me to http://localhost:7990 even though I configured bitbucket to default to https://bitbucket.domain.com
I am running Ubuntu 16, mysql5.6, bitbucket 4.6.5
My server file is here too (Strangely because it doesn't match the docs):
Have you had any luck, Richard?
Are you, perchance, using nginx as the reverse proxy?
If so, have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/securing-bitbucket-server-behind-nginx-using-ssl-776640112.html - if not, take note of the following stanzas anyway:
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;proxy_redirect off;
Adding those two to the others that I had already solved it for me
Just for the record, server.xml has been "replaced" in recent versions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrate-server-xml-customizations-to-bitbucket-properties-897811761.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.