Did you try ••• --> Move?
You can move a page, along with its child pages, to a different space. Confluence will automatically adjust all links to the moved pages, to point to the pages in the new space.
To move a page to another space in your Confluence site:
When we move a confluence page from one space to another, it should disappear from the current space and appears in the new space. If the moved page can be searched but not listed in the new space, as Nic says, it is a indexing problem. A background re-index would solve the issue.
But blinking after moving is something weird. It doesn't sounds like an expected behavior.
You need to have delete permissions in the source space in order to move a page to a new space.
I cannot help you though with the blinking, that sounds very weird
Please move the MOVE button above Export a.k.a. on the first position of the dropping menu. Mere fact that this issue page has more than 100 000 views means that your customers are confused and spend 1 hour to realise hot to move a single page/doc in another space/place within your sistem
What permissions are required to do this?
Create/Edit in both spaces - you need to be able to edit the page you want to move, and create pages in the space you're going to move it to.
Does it take a while for it to appear in the new Page, if I search for each Page I can see the page, but the Space doesn't show the pages in it's list of pages.
the space option is greyed out in the move wizard is this general or specific to a space?
I cannot see the "Tools" option. The traditional confluece was so better that the page is created by default in the directory you are in. I have wasted 1 hour in writing a 50 words doc. Is there a straigt forward way to create a page?
Welcome to the Community!
I'm afraid that none of that makes a lot of sense.
>I cannot see the "Tools" option.
Unless you have a read-only account, there is a tools option menu towards the top-right of the page. In the last four years, it might have changed its name and icon, depending on what you've upgraded or migrated to, but it's still there.
>The traditional confluece was so better that the page is created by default in the directory you are in.
Confluence doesn't have directories, so I'm a bit lost on that, and without versions, I can't know what you mean by "traditional confluence"
>I have wasted 1 hour in writing a 50 words doc.
Eh? Why?
>Is there a straigt forward way to create a page?
Click "create", start writing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.