I am just getting started with this suite of apps and have a simple question. First, I am pretty user I have everything installed and connected correctly. As for my Crowd installation, I do not have any backend user database (no LDAP, etc.)...Crowd itself it managing the users.
I am using JIRA v6.4.9 & Crowd Version: 2.8.3 (Build:#648 - 2015-06-01)
I am attempting to add a user called testuser2 using Crowd and allow that user to log into Jira. When I try log into JIRA using testuser2, it tells me that "You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."
If I log into Crowd, and click on the Applications tab, I case see my crowd-JIRA application in the list. If I click on the crowd-JIRA link, in the Application Details tab, I see the Application type is JIRA and that it is active. If I click on the Directories tab, I have a 'Crowd Directory' listed on top and Allow all to Authenticate is set to true. Additionally, if click on the users tab to browse users in directories visible to this application, 'testuser2' does show up.
If I then click on the Directories section on the top navigation bar, I can see the list of directories I have and the Crowd Directory is listed and marked as active. It's type is 'Crowd Internal Directory'.
If I click on the Groups section on the top navigation bar, and select the Crowd Directory, I see the crowd-users group listed. If I click on the crowd-users group, and view the Direct Members, testuser2 is in the list.
Hopefully this is all clear, but if you require clarification or additional details, please let me know.
What am I missing that should allow testuser2 to log into Jira?