Can I view JIRA issues and links in a tree as a nested list; e.g.
- Project 1
-- Epic 1
--- Story 1
---- Task 1
--- Story 2
-- Epic 2
--- Story 3
---- Task 2
---- Task 3
- Project 2
-- Epic 3
--- Story 4
---- Task 4
You could also take a look at the Structure plugin :
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure
Best regards,
Peter
You should have a look at the Jira Links Hierarchy plugin. You'll find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.docminer.jira.issue-links
Search for "link" in marketplace.atlassian.com to get a list of plugins that can do this.
Impact for JIRA (http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu) does that.
Regards,
Luc
Besides of hierarchy , is there any way to show the issue links as a tree? I have an special issue type in the same level of user stories that is defined in a MAIN project and which contains relations to user stories from other projects. This means that this "special" issue type is cross-projects and the "relates" issue link refers to the user stories that other projects has to complete. Since this requirements are not big enough, I cannot move them as an Epics. How can I solve this?
e.g: MAIN PROJECT contains:
Epic 1
-- <Issue Type> A
--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project X
--- Relates to User Story 2 in Project Y
--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project Z
-- <Issue Type> B
--- Relates to User Story 4 in Project X
--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project Y
Thanks in advance!
Hello Legna,
You could use the Impact for Jira add-on, it does exactly that. You could have the main JQL search query be something like "project = KEY and issuetype = EPIC". This would display all your Epics in your project on the first level, then display the issues related to those epics on the second level, and other issues related to those issues on the third level, etc.
You can configure which issue links are displayed and which are ignored, and set the depth of levels.
Hopes this helps.
do you have something for cloud version? "impact for jira" is available only for server version.
thanks!
I am sorry, I didn't know you were on Cloud. There is no built-in solution in Jira to visualize the issues that way, and the only plugins I used that could do that (Impact and Structure) are only for Jira Server.
I suggest you do a search on the marketplace with some keywords like "issue tree" or something similar. Or you could create a new question on this board, since your question appeared as a new answer to an old question, so very few people will see it.
Hi Eoin,
I put together a plugin called Agile Docs which does this. It lets you view your projects in a nested tree list.
It looks like this:
Hope that helps!
Or https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220362/project-tree?hosting=cloud&tab=overview which is free... and yours. What's the difference?
Hi Tom,
Project Tree is view only. It's an early version of Agile Docs.
Agile Docs works like an interactive word document. You can create and edit projects and issues. You can turn issues into a child of the issue above by pressing tab. It automatically creates links between tasks when you create a new task.
It's essentially like an interactive version of Project Tree which updates Jira in the background.
Or as I think of it, 'the cool one' :P.
Does agile doc allows to export the data in excel /word format?
Is there a free plug in available?
hi, I use these 4 free plugins on Jira for see the hierarchy:https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213331/epic-sum-up-light?hosting=cloud&tab=overviewhttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220137/epics-map-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overviewhttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218577/issue-links-viewer-lite?hosting=cloud&tab=overviewhttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222309/user-story-mapping-board-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overviewRegards.
Hi All,
For Jira server, you can use the addon.
Agile Tools - Epic Tree and issue Tracker
It will provide you the below features
Aside from earlier suggestions, you may now want to try out the newly released Move and Organize for Jira app that provides a dynamic view of your Jira projects in a tree hierarchy.
It allows you to visually overview and also edit on-the-fly (create, edit, recursively move, delete et c) issues. Zoom and pan the tree view quickly and smoothly using keyboard shortcuts and mouse drag-n-drop support that enable you to work very efficiently also with larger projects!
Finally, it does not require any customization of your existing Jira projects - it plugs in directly for your users without making any non-standard customizations to the project or its issues.
With best regards,
Erik
Disclosure: I am a representative of the company offering this solution
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.