How I populate the popup create issue with custom values?
I can do that in create issue page:http://localhost:2990/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa?issuetype=3&pid=100000
When I call this URL the page open with the project DEMO and IssueType New Feature by default. How I do the same thing with the create issue popup?
Through the link http://jirahost/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10140&issuetype=3 you get the popup, if the link is called from a JIRA page where you can create issues through the Create Issue link.
@Henning, i tried by using your link it opened create issue form, it did't opened create issue popup
i don't think it is possible to set project and issue type defult values on create issue popup using URL,
you can set default values by using Javascript(i am not sure this)
try with this by add in footer.jsp
<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function($) { JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) { setDefaultValues(); }); setDefaultValues(); function setDefaultValues(){ //set project $("#project").val('10140'); //set issue type value $("#issuetype-field").val('3'); } }); </script>
Your script will not work because the HTML elements are initialized by the jquery-form from JIRA. However if you find a way to initialize the issue type and project (single-select) may be it works.
However the response of @Henning Tietgens works well.
@rambanam prasad, try edit the link of create issue in inspect element, edit the attribute and run it.
On which page is the link? Are you able to open the normal Create Issue popup on this page?
on dashboard.
yes, i can able to pen create issue popup!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.