After reading about the implementation of User Directories in JIRA after version 4.3 I decided to upgrade a sandbox I had running tp give it a shot. The sandbox was running 4.2.1 with External user management OFF and External password management ON, using OSUser pointing to an LDAP (Oracle Internet Directory) instance. After moving up to 4.4.4 I noticed it split the userbase up randomly, about a 1/4 of them got dropped into JIRA Internal Directory and the other 2/3 into JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory. I cant seem to see any reasoning for the split...any ideas on that? The main reason I am asking is because without noticing this I went and also did a read only sync with a different LDAP (Active Directory) instance (the main goal of the exercise) and now the CWD_USER table is a hot mess. Is there anyway to move users between Directorys gracefully? Is there a better way to go about this? Thanks in advance for any help provided!