I've signed up for an Amazon micro-instance and I'm trying to host Jira on one of their Ubuntu AMI's. Jira's process seems to be running and I see in the catalina.out log that it starts up all the way. ?? scratching my head.
As soon as I launch the application in the browser I see in my terminal ps -ef that the Jira process exits from memory, .. but there is no mention of it in the logs.
-I've turned the logging feature to 'fine'.
-I've upped the timeout on the plugins
-I even replaced Java with Sun's version.
The next time I start it up I see in the browser:
Unable to create and acquire lock file for jira.home directory '/home/ubuntu/atlassian/application-data/jira'.
and in my terminal:
drwxrwxr-x 12 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 21:20 ./
drwxrwxr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 22:13 ../
drwxrwxr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 21:32 caches/
drwxrwxr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 07:02 data/
drwxrwxr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 21:38 database/
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 903 May 26 07:14 dbconfig.xml
drwxrwxr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 21:44 export/
drwxrwxr-x 4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 07:02 import/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 26 21:38 .jira-home.lock
drwxrwxr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 09:24 log/
drwxrwxr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 09:29 logos/
drwxrwxr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 07:16 monitor/
drwxrwxr-x 5 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 21:20 plugins/
drwxrwxr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 May 26 07:02 tmp/
ubuntu@ip-172-31-15-40:~/atlassian/application-data/jira$
Here's a tail of my catalina.out just before the process exited memory:
May 26, 2013 9:44:27 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
May 26, 2013 9:44:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 377321 ms
2013-05-26 21:44:37,441 QuartzScheduler_Worker-3 INFO ServiceRunner Backup Service [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Data export completed in 1555ms. Wrote 786 entities to export in memory.
2013-05-26 21:44:37,455 QuartzScheduler_Worker-3 INFO ServiceRunner Backup Service [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Attempting to save the Active Objects Backup
2013-05-26 21:44:37,919 QuartzScheduler_Worker-3 INFO ServiceRunner Backup Service [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Finished saving the Active Objects Backup
It's a permissions issue right?... but what do I need to do?