Hello, I've been searching (fruitlessly) for a way to implement the following requirements:
JIRA and Confluence using Apache Reverse Proxy
JIRA and Confluence using Shibboleth SSO for user requests
JIRA and Confluence Application Links working properly
The root of my problem seems to be that app links require use of the BASE URL, which in my case would be a Shibboleth Protected URL. I've been attempting to open up other ports, either directly in Tomcat or through Apache Reverse Proxy, and those ports work fine if I hit them directly with a browser, but Application Links cannot be configured with these ports (it simply overwrites them with the base URL while creating the link).
In summary, I can get Applinks + reverse proxy working, or Shibboleth and reverse proxy working, but it seems impossible to get them all working simultaneously. IF anyone has this working, i'd appreciate some general advice on how to set it up. To be clear: all communication between JIRA and confluence using Applinks should not be protected by shibboleth. Because of this i've been attempting to set up a separate virtual host in apache to handle this communication. The problem is that we need to make all of this traffic hit the application via the BASE URL.