We have a nonprofit license for Atlassian products. As an administrator, I've set up JIRA, Confluence and JIRA Service Desk. We currently have all our support going to one person's email (we are small). What we want is to redirect the people who email for support to JIRA Service Desk. They are all external to our company. I'd like this to be as seamless for the end user as possible as well as keep administration overhead to a minimum.
- Want to direct the user to a link to our Service Desk Customer Portal. If they do not have an account (as none of them will initially), they should be directed to a link to create their JIRA account instead (instead of being prompted to contact a JIRA administrator for this.
- Once they create their account and log in for the first time, I want them to be restricted to only see the Customer Portal by default.
- As admins, we can manually grant access as needed later, but no new account should have permission to view anything besides the Customer Portal by default.