Hello,
I have the infamous problem with the Plugin Manager saying " The Atlassian Plugin Exchange server is not reachable. To avoid problems when loading this page, you can disable the connection to the Plugin Exchange server.".I have read this other recent message and tried to ping the two mentionned servers. Both are pingable:
]# ping maven.atlassian.com
PING maven.atlassian.com (67.221.237.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 67-221-237-4.contegix.com (67.221.237.4): icmp_seq=1 ttl=45 time=144 ms
64 bytes from 67-221-237-4.contegix.com (67.221.237.4): icmp_seq=2 ttl=45 time=110 ms
b]# ping plugins.atlassian.com
PING plugins.atlassian.com (63.246.22.212) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 63-246-22-212.contegix.com (63.246.22.212): icmp_seq=1 ttl=45 time=108 ms
64 bytes from 63-246-22-212.contegix.com (63.246.22.212): icmp_seq=2 ttl=45 time=108 ms
I am running on Linux (Scientific Linux CERN 5, based on RHEL 5). I can seamlessly connect to the Exchange website from a browser on the server.
What surprises me is that our failover server is able to connect. Both machines have the same iptable.
What else could it be ?
The logs are empty, should I change the log4j configuration to see what is exactly going on ?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Barth