We signed up for an OnDemand account to eval JIRA last week, and I'm having problems understanding Jira's User Management, as follows:
On the "Global Permissions" screen I don't see "JIRA System Administrators" in the list of permissions. The documentation clearly shows that I should see this permission - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions#ManagingGlobalPermissions-About%27JIRASystemAdministrators%27and%27JIRAAdministrators%27. Instead I see only the following:
JIRA Administrators
JIRA Users
Browse Users
Create Shared Objects
Manage Group Filter Subscriptions
Bulk Change
On the Groups screen, I see a system-administrators group, but the only user in this group is sysadmin. I'd like to be have someone else on the team in this group.
So my questions are:
1. Should I be able to login as the sysadmin user? If so, how do I find out the password? If not, it seems strange that Atlassan would surface this user in the UI.
2. Should I be able to give groups the "JIRA System Administrators" permission? Ideally I'd give this permission to the administrator group.
3. Should I be able to add users to the system-administrators group? If so, how?
4. If no to all of the above, how do I modify, delete, or fix the System Dashboard, which currently shows several ugly errors:
There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.