I've installed JIRA in a directory, .../confluence/jira-6.0.5/. This directory holds jira/ and jira-home/. Is there a way to move the jira/ and jira-home/ directories into the confluence/ directory?
i hope this will help you!!
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Separate+The+Home+and+Install+Directories+In+JIRA
I wouldn't do this. You should have separate directories for confluence and jira, otherwise you could end up with clashing names. By all means do something like .../atlassian/confluence and .../atlassian/jira, but do not just do .../confluence (and point both Jira and Confluence to use that as their home)
Once you've worked out a sensible tree structure, then Rambanam's link will tell you how to relocate everything safely
Thanks for the replies. rambanam's link only says how to move the home directory files. Can I move the install directory?
Yes, and that's easier, because it doesn't really care where they are. As long as you preserve the structure and file ownership/rights, you should be able to simply move the whole lot.
(Ooops, I forgot, "and don't put the application in the home directory")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.