Hi
I installed the trial version and cannot eddit any page at any level and for any user. I created the pages with an admin user but none admin nor current users can edit the pages. I set up space permissions but still doesn't work. Rich Text Editor looks iike being disabled. I'm using Chrome and Firefox.
Thnx in adnvance
There is also a strong link to the user directory you use. As only the internal confluence groups seem to inerit the global permissions.
But check first the global permissions also at <your url>/admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action
Thanks for your response Remon,
I've got an admin user, which belongs to confluence-administrators (every choice selected), and then no specific restriction for the space or pages. I have tried a lot of combinations with other groups and users, restricting and not restricting access, but the editor is always completely disabled. Event the action buttons do nothing when you click them.
Maybe I missed to enable something?
Thanks once again
Aitor
Did you check in Confluence Admin -> General Configuration to see if the Rich Text Editing option is selected?
Hi Jo-Anne
thanks for your response too... I've looked at general config like tens of times, but I don't find any specifc option for enabling RTE... In my Configuration > General Configuration there's not any option of that kind... I even searched in plugins, but still the same... I'm a bit lost
Thanks!
Answers is not letting me put in an attachment, so I need to do this the long way.
Confluence Administration -> General Settings -> Feature Settings
You don't see the options? I have, for instance:
View Space Goes to Browse Space
Rich Text Editing
Users see Rich Text Editor by default
CamelCase Links
Threaded Comments
TrackBack
.
If you are not seeing options similar to the following, then what version of Confluence are you using?
It's a v4.0 . In Browse > Confluence Admin > Configuration > General Configuration > Feature Settings I've got the following items:
Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP)
Compress HTTP Responses
Open Search
JavaScript served in header
Did You Mean (English Only)
That's all I have!
Does anybody know if the Rich Text Editor is based on Tiny MCE Editor Plugin? I cannot enable this plugin for some reason!
Maybe this is why I cannot edit...
I found out that yes, RTE is based on TinyMCE which has not been properly installed during installation... When I try to enable the plugin this is the message in the log:
2011-10-14 18:34:04,282 ERROR [http-8090-15] [atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] actualEnable Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable: com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin
-- url: /rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.confluence.tinymceplugin-key | userName: admin | referer: http://.../plugins/servlet/upm
Any tip?
Thnx!
I was right. The TinyMCE plugin had not been properly installed due to a mismatch in the version of JAVA. I reinstalled jdk1.6, setup the environment variables, restarted confluence and the TinyMCE was properly installed. NOW it WORKS!
Many thanks to Jo-Anne and Remon!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.