Hi,
I am having difficulty following the back-end configuration for making a component field mandatory in just a single project. Making the component field mandatory in all projects is easy (Admin > Issues > Fields > Field Configurations > Component > Required).
I see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types , but despite my efforts, the component field is becoming mandatory for all projects.
Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide to making the component field mandatory in just one project without making it mandatory in all projects?
Thanks very much!
you have to create sepatare field configuration for each issue type then create field configuration scheme and append to project
it is explained on this document
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types
hello Rowan,
you just create a new Field Configuration and make Component/s field required. Now create a new Field Configuration Scheme, add the Field Configuration to it and associate this Scheme to your project that only require Component/s field mandatory.
This worked, thanks, @Bharadwaj Jannu! I wish Atlassian's documentation doesn't make Field Configuration and Field Configuration Scheme sound so confusing.
How do you associate a new Field Configuration Scheme with a project? I can't figure out how to do it.
I can't seem to append it to the project because I don't have the Actions menu where I can select to use a different scheme.
Disclaimer: these steps apply to my instance of Jira Server.
To associate the Field Config Scheme with your Project:
I am on Jira Cloud and worked a treat,
All done ✅
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.