I can't start elastic default instance
image2015-7-6 13:22:11.png
image2015-7-6 13:22:24.png
EC2 user with "AdministratorAccess".
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks,
Artsiom
Hi, Artyom.
Have you tried checking or recreating your configuration between Bamboo and Amazon? Does the user connecting them have full permission in Amazon?
Also, check your keys and see if they are correctly generated.
If you still can't figure it out, please open a request at Atlassian Support. We'll be glad to help you out solving this problem.
Kind regards,Jaime Kirch da SilveiraAtlassian Cloud Support
Hi Jaime
I have the same problem. I set access key of root account of AWS in elastic bamboo configuration. also I am able to spin up an instance of ami-b69dd0de AMI. which is a bamboo AMI. but when I want to start to instance from the bamboo administration panel this error pop up immediately :
Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance
Hi, Ayrtom and Reza.
These errors are very generic and it's had to tell what is wrong just by looking at those, as many different problems could say that there was an error starting an instance.
The things I mentioned before (recreating the connection, checking the user has full permission) cover the basics.
If that doesn't solve the problem, further investigation will be necessary, specially checking the logs. For that, you can open a support request at Atlassian Support.
Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instanceI have the same error.
And no, i can not check the logs im using your cloud service, and that is the only error message you provide. thanks for a horrible user experience.
Hi Christian. I recommend you setup aws tools (example for linux) and try launch of bamboo instance with this tools (with default bamboo ami, bamboo security group, bamboo pair of keys). You will get full logs of error. I can help you setup this tools, if need
Please can you provide an example of this, we are on trial of Bamboo.
I wasted 4 hours dealing with this bull crap before finding the following unresolved issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-16109
Hi @Jaime Silveira
I am having the same problem as described by @Artyom Shimanovsky, @christian vejrich and @Reza Farshi.
I am using an Amazon free tier account on a Bamboo Cloud trial version trying to build a .NET application using Elastic Bamboo instance type ami-22a6a33f (Bamboo Windows image with .NET 4.0) which I am not able to start from Bamboo Cloud interface.
Solved it by giving "AmazonEC2FullAccess" to the Elastic Bamboo user in IAM Management Console.
For that you go to Security credentials>Users>ElasticBamboo User>Permissions>Attach Policy>AmazonEC2FullAccess
Would be great if this could be better documented in the Bamboo howto pages for the future.
Best regards,
Vlad
Where is that log from? Please be precise so I can find it in my Bamboo Cloud account.
This worked for me. The documentation for Bamboo is really pathetic. I am struggling to create one sample build from few days.
Thank you! This got me running after much frustration!
Thanks, that helped me!
Giving full AWS access to an IAM user that's under automation is a REALLY bad idea. Just giving the necessary EC2 permissions suffices. You can limit your IAM policy to the Public IP address of your Bamboo instance as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.