Hello
We are currently running JIRA v4.1.2#531 are looking to upgrade to v6.0.1.
I want to make an identical copy of our live JIRA on a dev server. This will allow me to attempt the update process and make sure everything goes well.
Please could you highlight the steps I must take to make this copy? I presume it is not as easy as installing the same version on the dev box and then simply overwriting all the files in our program files folder?
I have attempted to read up as much as possible regarding this but am very new to JIRA and know very little about it. This makes it difficult for me to understand a lot of what the more advances users are explaining.
Also is there anything to do with licensing that I should know about before running 2 copies of JIRA simultaneously? (Keeping in mind one is temporary for testing purposes only)
Thanks a lot
Russel