I'm using JIRA 4.1.2 and have a JNDI smtp setup very similar to what the JIRA documentation describes:
<Resource name="mail/JiraMailServer"
auth="Container"
type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="mail.yourcompany.com"
mail.smtp.port="25"
mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
mail.smtp.auth="true"
mail.smtp.user="jirauser"
password="mypassword"
/>
</Context>
However, email refuses to work. I always get "530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated".
We've tried these settings both in JNDI and through the UI. Now, we have a 4.4 JIRA app that works perfectly. We used the same email settings (in the UI) but the 4.1.2 app will not connect. Is there a known issue with 4.1.2 and mail?
Here is some of my mail debug output:
DEBUG SMTP: connected to host "<hostname>", port: 25
EHLO <servername>
250-SIZE
250-X-ANONYMOUSTLS
250-AUTH NTLM
250-X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM
Can anyone think of any reason I can't connect? I'm also using java mail 1.4.1, which wasn't supposed to play well with NTLM. But why would my other JIRA instance work??
Thanks for any input! I'll give you ALL my karma if you can help me!! :-)