This macro renders a table from a plugin key, based on information stored in marketplace (formerly PAC). This saves you having to double-enter a load of details on the confluence page.
However this has been broken for donks, and now just shows a fugly stacktrace. Example: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/CGSR/Confluence+Global+Search+and+Replace+Plugin
What is the alternative? Can't this be fixed?
The macros have been fixed. Enjoy.
John
I have removed references to these macros for my plugins. Instead I have provided a pointer to the marketplace entry that now has all the information (in a different way). With the progression of marketplace stuff and it becoming the primary point of entry, I don't think it worthwhile for Atlassian to mess with the old macros.
Hi Jamie,
We recently made additional changes to the marketplace's REST api, which had the unfortunate side-effect of breaking these macros. I've filed an issue for this: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-2855
One bit of good news is that we're very close to finalizing the first version of our new REST api, which these macros have been using. Things should be much more stable once we've stabilized the api.
cheers,
I do. The information required in the marketplace is the same as in PAC. Anyway, at least, they could replace the output with "deprecated" rather than a huge stack trace, which makes people think confluence is broken.
OK, good to hear. Thanks John.
I agree, they have been broken in various ways for most of the year. I suggested they replace them with a user macro (until they work correctly) that does nothing so at least it doesn't show errors on pages.
Yes, that would be the easy, sensible solution. I see that since I asked the question they've disabled the plugin module which I guess is an improvement.
Fantastic, thanks John.
They're broken again... any chance you could do your thing again John?
Fixed again. Hopefully should remain fixed from now on--- our REST api is now stable.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.