Hi,
I'm trying to integrate Jira (5.2) into our company's ADFS 2.0 to enable single sign on using SAML.
I've written a custom Authenticator (as subclass of JiraSeraphAuthenticator). This authenticator's method getUser(HttpServletRequest req,HttpServletResponse res) extracts the userid from a SAMLResponse and checks the CrowdService for a user with this id.
This is working as expected- If I log in on the ADFS page, I'm logged in correctly.
My problem is now how to redirect to the ADFS login page. I've tried writing a subclass of SecurityFilter that creates the SAML-request and redirects to the ADFS instead of the Seraph login URL, but it seems like this is never happening- I only see the Jira login form. It seems like the decision to request the user to login is happening somewhere else.
Any Idea where I have to put my piece of code to make Jira redirecting to the ADFS page instead of showing it's own login page?
I thought the LoginFilter could be a place, but as far as I understand it, this filter kicks in after the login form is shown.
thank you very much in advance
Kind Regards
Jörg