I installed atlassian-confluence-5.1.4-x64.bin on Red Hat 6.4 on EC2 using the Express Install option. Confluence is starting automatically wityout errors:
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:38 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 3247 ms
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Jul 03, 2013 6:13:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
2013-07-03 18:13:55,753 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.1.4 [build 4249 based on commit hash 84a11b3502ae79dd6028856f37ff89838963c1cc]
Jul 03, 2013 6:14:23 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Jul 03, 2013 6:14:23 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 42855 ms
I've created a custom rule for port 8090 / 0.0.0.0/0 in the instance's security group, but I don't get any response at http://<public DNS name for instance>:8090. I know the public DNS name I'm using is correct since I can ssh to it.
Maybe I need to modify the Confluence base URL? How do I do that at the command line?