we upgraded our test server to 4.2. when we did that all our home space pages are out of wack. We have custom layouts for this that are global across all spaces so they are all out of wack. In 3.5.7 we customized the page layout in admin. So wondering if its reading the code different in 4.2? The programmer who did it is no longer with the company so we are trying to figure out how to fix it. we have panels and columns in each space and they are all shifted to the left. we have a right side bar that is not showing up at all. Is there a way to fix this? I can copy in some of the code if that will help someone answer this. I am not an expert coder but have been working with confluence for the last serveral years so can hopefully answer any questions you might have to be able to help.
Thanks
We are using one theme across all spaces. I am attaching a sceen shot of what it looks like versus what it should look like. we have a custom page layout for all spaces
The right side bar is part of the custome elements we added into the layout.
If you're talking about the velocity templates, you should get the diffs with the version of confluence you had, reset them, then reapply them.
See these two links:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Customised+Site+and+Space+Layouts
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/85673/customising-confluence-velocity-layouts-should-it-be-allowed
thank you I will try these and see if that works.
So I copied our layouts for the site layouts-main layout. then the contents layout - page layout. And set everything back to default , then create custom and copied them back in and now I have it worse. the right side bar went to the bottom and goes across the page.
You don't copy them back in, you need to reapply the diffs from the original. Will be a lot of work but personally I think this is safer to do with javascript in a plugin, that's how I'm making changes like this going forward.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.