We need to add the name mentioned in @mentions in the subject of the email sent.
We plan to edit the header as mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content but do not know how to get mentions.
Thanks in advance.
Have you tried modifying the issuementioned.vm under subject folder, as mentioned in the link you provided?
Thanks Jobin for your response.
issuementioned uses a variable called "remoteUser". What is this? I could not get its meaning - does it store the user mentioned in @mentions?
Where can I read the flow of how all the velocity scripts in header are used. Based on the name I think appropriate script is called when the issue is in that state like when comment is added then issuecommented.vm is called and that is how the header of the email is created.
remoteUser is the user who is doing the action. I am not sure which variable has the mentioned user details. Haven't got a chance to explore on that yet.
Thanks. We are able to get what we want in the header by modifying issuementioned.vm. It is working for all the new issues created but not when "mentions" is used in an old issue it is not invoked. only issuecommented is invoked. Any idea ...
hmm, that's a bit strange. I would think that the same template is used for all issues. Any errors in the logs? How about after a restart?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.