if ($issue.getIssueType() == '1')
i am using it in one description.vm file. but its not working. anyone knws y ?
thnks in advance..
You need to read the API to see what it's doing. You've actually got two problems (note - I'm working on 4.0 at the moment, so I'm using the 4.0 API, you should use the correct API)
http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/4.0.2/ and look for the "Issue" object
The first problem is that getIssueType is deprecated and you should really be using <strong><a href="http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/4.0.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/Issue.html#getIssueTypeObject%28%29" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">getIssueTypeObject</a></strong> . Whichever method you use, you'll see that both calls return an object, not a string or number. What you need to do is read that for your issue type.
<strong><a href="http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/4.0.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/Issue.html#getIssueTypeObject%28%29" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">getIssueTypeObject</a></strong>
i.e. you really need $issue.getIssueTypeObject().getId or even $issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName might be more useful
Thnks a lot Nic. I will look into that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.