I'm trying to get JIRA to authenticate to an internal LDAP server. I have an ldapsearch command that lists the users in the group, but I can't get the JIRA configuration to authenticate properly. The ldap search command is:
ldapsearch -x -h <FQDNofServer> -b ou=memberlist,ou=ibmgroups,o=ibm.com "cn=<ParticularGroup>"
(of course, the <> are replaced with the actual values)
The output of this list all of the users in that group, so it seems to be working... the question is, how do I translate to the ldap configuration?
I can configure JIRA so that any user that is in the overall directory can authenticate, but I can't narrow it down to the <ParticularGroup>
Key values in Jira:
Base DN: ou=memberlist,ou=ibmgroups,o=ibm.com
Additional User DN: cn=<ParticularGroup>
I'm fairly confident that everything else is correct, because I can modify to this and any user in the directory can login:
Base DN: o=ibm.com
Additional User DN: ou=bluepages
thanks,