Okay I would like to think someone out there has done something similar to what I am asking. We develop an internally used application. Licensing is not an issue. I have an internal AD group with ~130 users. We would like to be able to put these users in the "Reporter" field for some tracking and reporting that development managers would like to see. I run JIRA in private mode and have a lot of projects (80+). I believe that you still can't use active directory groups in JIRA so right now the only solution I have is the following.
1. Create accounts for the 130 users (the ldap tool doesn't appear to have the ability to drill down to a group and I don't want to add all ldap users.)
2. Place them in a unique JIRA group.
3. I think giving the group "Browse Project" should be enough so they would be visible to the actual user who would be creating these issues in the project.
Questions:
1. Is there any way to make these users available on a per project instance running in "Private" mode?
2. Does anyone have a more elegant solution for adding 130 users other than one at a time using the "Add User" screen?
3. last one is does anyone have a completely different way to deal with this that is escaping me that they would be willing to share?
Cheers
Andrew