In my Test environment, using Confluence 4.2.6 and Crowd 2.5.1 (on a different server), I am able to login to the confluence application with my ID and AD password. But when I try to browse to Confluence Admin, I get the Administrator Access page and when I enter the same exact password, I get a System Error page, with:
Cause
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:869)
[...]
caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 [...] HTTP Status 403 - Client with address "10.10.40.111" is forbidden from making requests to the application, {2}.</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Client with address "10.10.40.111" is forbidden from making requests to the application, {2}.</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>Access to the specified resource (Client with address "10.10.40.111" is forbidden from making requests to the application, {2}.) has been forbidden. [...]
But that IP is listed under Remote Addresses in (Test) Crowd for this application as well as in the Crowd Administration Trusted Proxy Servers area. I have the same exact version of Confluence running under 2 instances in Production, pointing to the Production version of Crowd 2.5.1, and that all works fine, but to further complicate matters, if I point my Test Confluence at my Prod Crowd, in IE I cannot login at all (as the mortal user) -- just get bounced back to the Login page, whereas in Chrome, I can login as the mortal user, but I get the same failure as before when I try to become the Administrator :-).
I've compared setups and can't find much different. Ideas?
Regards,
Tom Pfannkoch