Using the stash v 1.3.0
A fatal error has occurred
The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:
The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started
Hi Baran,
Thanks for contacting us there. It seems that you've encountered a known issue of which we have a Knowledge Base article written up for.
The work around and KB article is written up here, please follow it and let me know how that goes:
Hope this helps!
Cheers, Vicky.
I received the same error message when upgrading from ver 1.2.2 to ver 1.3.0. I confirmed that STASH_HOME did not have a trailing slash and that /etc/hosts contained "localhost". This was on CentOS 5. Are there any other possible causes for this error?
I have the same issue, and not tralining slash..... This on CentOS 6
I fixed it by installing Tomcat following this guide:
https://newpush.com/2011/10/how-to-install-tomcat-6-on-rhel-6-or-centos-6/
OSX 10.7.5oracle JVM
java version "1.7.0_40"Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_40-b43)Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.0-b56, mixed mode)
R A solution link is 404
Have followed all links and suggestions, still doesn't work
We are keen to get a Stash installation up and running for evaluation purposes and are experiencing this issue with 2.8.3 and 2.8.4. A support ticket (SSP-2769) has been opened with the specifics and we would love to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.
So; I guess I'll just have to wait as I'm in the same situation.
I believe that the cause issue for me was that ImageIO/JAI was not installed correctly.
For Linux/Windows this should be pretty easy to solve, but I had a harder time with OSX.
I solved it on OSX in one way, but it probably isn't the best and will fight with ImageIO/JAI another day:
vi /usr/local/atlassian-stash/atlassian-stash/WEB-INF/spring-mvc-servlet.xml <!-- JSR-303 (bean validations) support will be detected on classpath and enabled automatically --> <mvc:annotation-driven validator="validator"> <mvc:message-converters> <!-- HACK REPLACED <bean class="org.springframework.http.converter.BufferedImageHttpMessageConverter"/> --> <bean class="org.springframework.http.converter.ByteArrayHttpMessageConverter"/> </mvc:message-converters> </mvc:annotation-driven>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.