So, without realizing it, I managed to remove ALL permissions from a space on the hosted Confluence. Now, I can view the space, but cannot administer anything on it.
I have several spaces in my install and some are visible by clients. To ensure that I wasn't accidentally exposing some clients to others' spaces, I was removing group based permissions and replacing them with individual permissions.
One space was created via JIRA so I wasn't listed as an individual user on the space. (Only System Administrator shows in the individuals) I removed the group permissions and before I could add myself in as an admin, I was locked out. (This happened without me hitting save, it saved behind the scenes, or saved when I went to add myself individually, saving the group changes BEFORE it added me.)
The space was new, so I'm not worried about deleting it and starting over - but there seems to be no way to do this. Is there a way for Atlassian support to do this? Or at least reset the default permissions? Or any other way to set these permissions? (from JIRA perhaps?)
Thanks. And now I know NOT to do that again.