I am trying to use the Configuration Manager plugin and JIRA's Project Import to import issues from another JIRA instance. This works quite nicely but here's the twist. We wish to combine several project into one project. AFAICT I cannot use Project Import to import a second project into a current project.
Additionally the projects we are importing have different workflows and fields. So we want to import these differing projects combining them into one project and using components to differentiate between the old projects.
Is this at all doable?
Probably not but I thought that perhaps I could use JIM's JSON export to get a bunch of JSON files, then write some Perl scripts to make changes to the JSON files so that they all can be imported. I could fix up the components and change the keys (not sure what to do about reference in comments to old keys). Am I facing the impossible or just very difficult?