After creating and uploading some customer avatars the avatars in the activity screen show up as red x's. It's not a huge issue but I'll be deploying Jira and fisheye to the rest of my department soon and I'd like it to work.
Normally this happens when the avatar isn't in the right path and the Jira can't find it to show on the user interface. So, the avatar could have been erased from the avatar directory or the file could have the name changed.
By default the folder location is here:
/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/avatars
Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked the path and they are there. The avatars works within everything else except the activity screen. I just went through the links and noticed that it was pointing to localhost. This isn't going to work on remote machines. I had to go into Administration, then system, and general configuarion. Then change the base URL to the DNS name of the Jira server from local host. Now avatars come up but the default avatars, not the custome ones. Again, this is only in the activity screen. Any suggestions? Thanks for taking the time.
Right now, in activity stream you have the default avatar and in other places the avatars are the uploaded images?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.