How come there is no way to map the description field when importing from a csv file? It's a very important field. Is there a way to get that information in there? It makes no sense. It's not a custom field.
umm...there is a description field there. I use it all the time.
Remember system fields are displayed before custom fields, so description is at the top of the screen.
Also is description a valid field for the project that you are importing into?
Could you please try to enclosed in quotes for the value mapped to the Description field. Also, please refer to this documentation for further guidelines: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+From+CSV
I am also having the same issue. I did try enclosing the values in the description field in quotes and that did not work for me. All other fields work perfectly, just no matter what is in the Description field it doesn't populate into the ticket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.