Hi all,
I am trying to implement a verification for a certain custom field against LDAP. The idea is: whatever is entered there, must be a valid user name in our LDAP directory (...however, not necessarily a valid/active JIRA user!).
The initial approach (use Scriptrunner's builtin scripts to suck the account list into the field options) failed due to the number of accounts (SR was only able to import about 10 per second...after 10 hours I had only 40k users imported, which is not even 30% of our accounts...) and already this incomplete field took ages to load (select list with 40k entries...) on the webpage.
I tried nFeed - was not able to get it set up, actually, it gives me a NullPointer exception.
Tried to give UserGroup Picker PRO a chance, too - it can apparently only pick active users from JIRA and restrict the search further.
So I ended up with making it a single-line text field and have a serverside validation script tokenize it and check against LDAP or database. The results are not exactly encouraging:
- connecting to Oracle works fine in the Script Console, but fails with "ClassNotFound" within a Behaviours script on the attempt to load Oracle jdbc...
- connecting to LDAP does not work even in Scriptconsole (brings a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: groovy/lang/Closure" on LDAP.newInstance call).
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Dmitri