So if I understood it correctly, Microsoft Dynamics CRM is running on port 80 and JIRA side in IIS is also running on port 80 and they are on the same server, right?
If so, then this will cause conflict and we'll have to choose one of these side and change the port. After this, if you change the port of JIRA site on IIS to for example 81, try to access localhost:81 and let me know if it brings any improvement.
Cheers
Hey there, Melina.
In addition to performing the instructions on the documentation, did you check on the comment that was provided by a user in there as well:
"Fixed: need to set up preserveHostHeader option to true:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/proxy -preserveHostHeader:true"
Can you give that a try?
Warm regards,
Danial
Hi Danial,
I did see that comment and set the preserveHostHeader option to true, but it made no difference.
Hi Melina,
The errors 500 and 404 are actually thrown by IIS itself, so we'd know more about the cause of this problem if we check IIS logs.
The only information in my log file is a number events saying "worker process serving application pool was shutdown due to inactivity"
For more information:
I am running JIRA on a Windows Server 2008 box that is connected to an office network with a Cisco Router. The same box is also running Microsoft Dynamics CRM (on port 80) could this be causing the conflict?
For external access I opened Port 80 in the router and set it to redirect to the IP of the Windows Server box.
Also, to correct what I said above I actaully don't seem to get any response when I try to access http://localhost:8080 it just kind of sits there. I get the 404 not found error when I use http://localhost:8080/jira.mydomain.com
And the box is running IIS7
The port redirection may be something, but before checking what's wrong with the external access, we need make sure localhost is working.
Regarding this information:
Hi Tiago,
I don't have any context path defined.
The JIRA site in IIS is defined to port 80.
JIRA is installed on the same box as IIS.
Here is the contents of my server.xml file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server shutdown="SHUTDOWN" port="8005">
<Listener SSLEngine="on" className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector port="8080" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" minSpareThreads="25" maxThreads="150" maxSpareThreads="75" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" connectionTimeout="20000" acceptCount="100" proxyName="jira.mydomain.com" proxyPort="80"/>
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
<Host name="localhost" autoDeploy="true" unpackWARs="true" appBase="webapps">
<Context useHttpOnly="true" reloadable="false" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" path="">
<Resource name="UserTransaction" jotm.timeout="60" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction" auth="Container"/>
<Manager pathname=""/>
</Context>
</Host>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r"" resolveHosts="false"/>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>
Thanks for your help!
That is correct. I will give this a try and change the port in IIS to 81. Do I need to change anything in my server.xml?
You just need to change the proxyPort parameter into your JIRA server.xml, also described in step 5 of this KB.
Great! it works internally now. If I access localhost:8080 it directs me properly to jira.mydomain.com:81 and everything functions as expected.
Now it still doesn't work externally if i go to jira.mydomain.com from outside the network it actually brings me to my CRM site on Port 80. I'm assuming this is due to settings on the router?
I'm converting this comment as the answer since we were able to identify what was wrong with the IIS integration.
As we see in your last comment, now the problem seems related to something in your router, I'd suggest that you create a separated question for that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.