I created SVN symblic rules for our branching pattern. The "test path" button seem to print a result which is consistent with the example documentation, but cruicible recognizes all our files as part of the "root:" catch-all.
I am coming to you, hat in hand, to see if someone has some insight into this issue.
When we create a feature branch we branch out the whole trunk folder, so we get "a bunch of projects" in our new branch. This causes our line count to increase about 3 million each time we create a new branch, since crucible does not recognize them as branches.
Out branching structure is as follows:
- Repository
- _SomeIrrelevantFolder
- _Trunk
- OurCompany.SomeProject\SomeSubProject\SomeFile.cs
- SomeFeatureBranch
- SomeOtherFeatureBranc
These are the settings for SVN symbolic rules:
TRUNK
Regular expression: (.*)(/dotnetrepo/)_Trunk/
Name: trunk
Logical Path Prefix: ${1}${2}
BRANCHES
Regular expression: (.*)(/dotnetrepo/)([^_])([^/]*)
Name: ${3}${4}
Logical Path Prefix: ${1}${2}
TAGS
Regular Expression: (.*)DONOTMATCHTHISTEXT
Name: DONOTMATCHTHISTEXT
Logical Path Prefix:
These are the results of running "Test path":
TEST PATH: svn://svn.some.tld/dotnetrepo/_Trunk/Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alarm.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
Container trunk:trunk
Logical Path svn://svn.some.tld/dotnetrepo/Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alarm.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
Logical Tail Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alam.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
TEST PATH: svn://svn.some.tld/dotnetrepo/SomeBranch/Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alarm.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
Container branch:SomeBranch
Logical Path svn://svn.some.tld/dotnetrepo/Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alarm.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
Logical Tail Anon.Alarm/Anon.Alam.Library/IoCRegistry.cs
As far as I can gather from the results of the tests, these are the expected results. However, as I explained in the intro, all branches are "root:". I tried running the reindex multiple times, but no success.
Does anyone have some insight into this issue? Could someone please confirm if the results from my tests are in the correct format?
Best regards,
Pål Tuv