We are importing using a CSV file. The Originale Estimate field is coming in as seconds. Is there a way to format the Original Estimate field?
Its a pre-requisite that the original estimate in the csv file needs to be in seconds. So there is nothing wrong with the import. Have a look at the url for confirmation
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Importing+Data+from+CSV
The workaround I would suggest is to open the file in excel and multiply the column for original estimate by a equivalent factor (say 60 if it is in min or 3600 if it is in hours in your csv)
Rahul
it doesn't make sense to enter estimate in seconds. If Atlassian wants to allow users to do some planning in Jira, then stick to hours and days.
Can´t agree more.
I´m using JIRA v6.3.8 and I have a question:
If for an issue I need 1 hour to do the task, on CSV file I should use the value 3600 or 3600s?
I´m asking because using just number 3600, when I look a task in Jira, the field is filled with 1m.
3600 is 1 hour
in JIRA the default setting per day is 8 hours (unless your admin has changed it)
28800 is 1 day
When I try to import anything greater than 28800, it gives the following error:
WARN - Unable to parse original estimate: [144,000]
Any ideas on how to get around this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.