I have tried Administration => Projects => select Edit on the project and it gives me the options.
Name:
URL:
Project Avatar:
Description:
But no field to change the project lead.
I am using JIRA 5.0.1
You can do that from the project you want to change the project lead.
in the project enter the adminster project, then go to people. Above the roles you should see the project lead name and on the right there is an edit icon.
HTH,
Alon
Do you have permissions to Administer Projects ? you can check this in Administration =>Permission Schemes=>permissions
Yes, I have access to this page. Ic an't see anything obvious to allow me to change a Project Lead.
I can see
Administer Projects
Hi Peter
What version of Jira?
Just to confirm you can add youself to this permission i.e add>>single user>>your_name>>add
If you have resolved it, always remember to mark an answer as correct so the other users can "learn" from this question.
I add to add the ability to adminster projects for myself first. :P
Go to the "Administration" page for the Project. Then in the "Roles" section of the page, click on the "View Project Roles" link. If you have the correct perms, you should be able to change the Project Lead by clicking on the small pencil icon next to the name of the current Project Lead.
I do have administrator permissions - yet, when I try to change the Project Lead (on the page mentioned above), my change isn't accepted when I hit "Update".
Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks
Same issue. I am the admin just very confused on the UX to change the project lead.
Go to issue in Jira >go to project setting at the bottom on left side bottom>roles >view project roles>edit defaults>chenge the project lead name
I just had to navigate through this issue. I was finally able to change the project lead by selecting the "Edit Defaults" link near the top right.
can you please share screenshot or link where Edit Defaults is present?
So from reading through this whole trail this is how I figured out how to make the change to the project lead on Jira (thought I would put it all together in one Answer).
1 - Open the Project and go to Project Settings (Screenshot 1 below )
2 - This will open up a 'Details' screen you can scroll down to 'Project Lead' field located under the Description section. You can then type in the name of the new Project Lead (Screenshot 2 and 3 below)
3 - Once name is updated you just 'Save Details' on the bottom of the screen.
Then if you look at your Project Settings>Summary screen you will see that your Project lead has been updated. To note I do have Jira Administrator permission (though I don't know if this is required do update the project lead field).
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Thanks for your explanation, But on the Project Settings page, I do not have the Project lead field (your Screenshot 3).Note: I am using the Next-gen project mode, Kanban.
Hi Guillaume,
Do you have Administrator permissions? This level of permissions is needed to make the change/update.
Regards,
Sarah
Yes, I do have Admin permission.I believe the Lead field does no appear due to the Next-Gen mode.
there is no Roles page
v7.13.1
Go Project > Project Settings (All the way at the bottom left corner) > View Project Roles
Click Edit Defaults
Change Project Lead to another user
Nope. Not there. Not anymore anyway.
Nope. View Project Roles is not there in Project Settings.
Are you high?
It's still there in version 7.13.1.
This is the only way to change it:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Ultimate-agility-the-ONLY-way-to-change-a-Next-Gen-Project-lead/ba-p/1296695
I am not seeing this as an option. I am in project settings and I have global admin privileges.
Roman unless your role is admin.
This worked for me!
I had the same issue. But here is the solution.
Goto project roles > edit defaults
Here u can change the project lead by typing the name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.