I would be grateful for any advice you could offer in relation to a issue I am currently experiecing within JIRA.
I have created a workflow for managing Change Requests. At a particular screen transition, the user is prompted to enter the assignee and a comment.
The copy value post function on this transition takes the value the user has inputted as the assignee, and copies to a Custom field (type: user picker) "Application Owner". The copy appears to work, as when I look at the screen, the Application Owner is populated with the correct user.
However, I have noticed that when searching by the Application Owner, the search does not return results.
I have looked at the History associated with the JIRA and have noticed that the Application Owner value is "[ LDennis ]" whereas the Assignee value is "[ ldennis ]".
If I click the Application Owner field, and refresh (WITHOUT changing content), the Application Owner field updates to [ ldennis ] when I check the history. This then appears in the previous search which had returned no results.
Can you let me know if the copy value function is incompatible with user pickers?
Or if there is something which I am missing in order to ensure that the copy field value function works with User Pickers.
I raised this with Atlassian support and their response was:
"The plugin take the value for Application Owner field from user_name information (linked from the value of Assignee field) instead of lower_user_name information.(JIRA stores users information in user_name and lower_user_name (consists of usernames written in lowercase))."
Thanks
Louise
image2014-10-8 13:13:57.png